Monday, May 2, 2011

Heretic? Orthodox? The "Right" view? The "Wrong" view?

I just listened to a podcast by Dr. Rowan Williams (the Archbishop of Canterbury) as he gave his views on what it means to be a "Heretic". However, before I give you my own reflections on this matter I would really like to hear from you. So I will ask you a few questions and I want you to feel free to respond to any of them as you choose:

1) What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word "Heretic"?
2) What is the meaning of "Heresy"?
3) What is "Orthodoxy"
4) Have you ever called someone a "Heretic"? Why?
5) Has someone ever called you a "Heretic" or have you been accused of having "heretical views"? If yes, were you given a reason?
6) Do you consider yourself on the side of "Orthodoxy" or "Heresy"? Why?

I look forward to hearing from you.
peace,

Mario

No comments:

Post a Comment