Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Taking a break from Facebook, at least for a while...

"For a Christian, his existence is ultimately the totality of his existence. This totality opens up the dark abysses of the wilderness which we call God. When one undertakes something like this, he stands before the great thinkers, the saints, and finally Jesus Christ. The abyss of existence opens up in front of him."
(Karl Rahner)

--

So I have decided to take a break from Facebook. There are many reasons why I am doing this and they all come down to the main point: to focus and concentrate on more important parts and aspects of my life, of my existence.

My mind will involve itself more in what Hegel called Anstrengung des Begriffs: "the strenuous effort of the concept" or better yet for my purposes "the effort involved in thinking". As my mind does that my heart will be there too, hopefully cracking a joke every so often and trying to reach those realms and places that defy the cold devices of mind and reason.

I admit it: I waste a lot of time on Facebook. And when I do go back to this peculiar and essential tool (fascinating how I just used the word "essential") I will very likely waste some time there again, but hopefully not that much. For now, my "existence" will demand more time than usual from me; perhaps you have 'felt' this demand from your own existence before.

During this time, I will continue to write here. I invite you to follow this humble blog and feel free to share your thoughts, ideas, and comments.


Pax, paz, peace,

--Mario

No comments:

Post a Comment