Monday, April 4, 2011

I am thankful...

--


"No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks." 
St. Ambrose


The last weekend of March there was a fire in my building. The first thing that comes to mind as I think about that is: thank God nobody was hurt. And I am thankful for that. In fact, as I think about this more and more, I find more and more reasons to be thankful. For example, if that fire would have hit a gas line...well, you can imagine.

To those wonderful people that did all they could to help and make sure everything was and is fine, I say: thank you.

I am also thankful to everyone that told me (usually after saying 'I hope nobody was hurt') that if I needed something to let them know. To all those wonderful people, thank you.

And I give thanks that I have a place to go back to...
I could be fully homeless right now...
I could have lost everything...
So many horrible things could have occurred...

St. Ambrose was right:
"No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks."

So once again I say:
Muchas gracias, thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment