Monday, March 28, 2011

Why does God allow this?

The last couple of weeks have been, well...a bit hard on me. A nasty cold has morphed into a less nasty cold yet it is still there refusing to die. And now it appears that's the easy part. It feels like multiple problems in my life have decided to all conspire against me at the same time, including new problems and brand new situations that make me say:
"Oh, come on!!!!!!"

You know...one of those times in our lives...

Also, there is pain and suffering to people close to me right now...physical and emotional pain.

And I admit it, times like these my faith and my sense of reason are both fully challenged. And I am pushed to these questions:
Why does God allow this?
Where is God, the same God that the Son of Man himself called "Father"?
Is this not the "Father" that should protect us?
What do I do?
What can I do?
Can I even "do" anything?

The Son of Man was both God and one of us.
As one of us he cried.
As one of us he suffered.
As one of us he saw the suffering among friends and strangers, Jews and Gentiles, men and women, girls and boys...

It is to the Son of Man that I pray to at this moment.
And for now that's all I can say...

No comments:

Post a Comment