Monday, April 16, 2012

"Transforming the Conversation" and the Purdue LGTBQ community

Hello my dear reader.

Back in April 5th, I asked myself How will I respond to this letter by a Christian about Purdue's LGTBQ community?  The now infamous letter by Harlan VanderMeer created a lot of controversy and I probably wrote 20 to 30 drafts of my response to that letter but every time I felt like something was missing; I felt that perhaps it was not the right time to respond.

As I was meditating on this I came to the following conclusion: I will respond next week. 'Why next week' you may be asking. Because tomorrow I will be attending the Transforming The Conversation at Purdue Day 1 event at Purdue University.

Transforming the Conversation is a new pilot program for college campuses, developed with the support of Christians and LGBTs to create better dialogue between the two sides of the homosexuality debate—without asking people to violate their most deeply-held values.

This will take place at 6:30 pm, Tuesday, April 17th, 2012 in Room EE 117 (Electrical Engineering Building).

It is very possible that the controversy caused by the letter will be discussed and I would like to be part of the conversation on this. I also believe that other issues will be discussed during the event. Then, I will take a few hours here and there to think of what I heard during the event and I believe I will be better prepared at that time to write a response.

It may be not the a great response, but hey who knows...it may be alright. If you are in the Purdue area tomorrow evening I hope you can come. If you do say hello to me. :)

peace,

Mario

No comments:

Post a Comment