Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hide the women, children, and kittens: I'm giving a sermon this Sunday

I have given sermons before. I have also led bible study groups, prayers, and one of my favorite things right now is leading the F.F.F. group...oh by the way, F.F.F. stands for the "(F)aith, Sci-(F)i, and (F)antasy", where we get together to discuss the religious, philosophical, and ethical ideas in movies, books, and TV series like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, Star Trek, Star Wars, etc.

But this Sunday, I shall give my first official sermon as an intern at the Wesley Foundation at Purdue. I was given the freedom to choose the readings from Scripture. So, I decided ('good' Episcopalian that I am ha ha) to take the readings from the RCL (Revised Common Lectionary) for February 5, 2012 - Fifth Sunday After the Epiphany: Isaiah 40:21-31; Psalm 147:1-12, 21c; 1 Corinthians 9:16-23; Mark 1:29-39.

Yes, my dear reader. Yours truly will be giving a sermon, so hide the women, children, and kittens!!!! No, no, just hide the kittens; they are adorable but they will distract me with their cuteness. :)

peace,

--Mario

No comments:

Post a Comment